AV Production Technician
Merivale | Sydney CBD
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dedicated individual to join the Merivale Production team in a full time capacity. This role will need to be flexible with hours and be available for weekend and evening shifts.
As an AV Production Technician for the Sales and Events team, you will set up and operate AV sound/vision equipment on corporate events, report to and assist the Production Manager to provide technical advice to customers regarding their AV setup, as well as trouble shoot AV systems when necessary.Your day-to-day tasks may include but won’t be limited to:
- Plan, set up, operate and dismantle AV systems for events, conferences and venues
- Manage and maintain equipment in an organised inventory
- Assist with or complete yearly Test and Tag for electrical equipment
- Other duties requested by management
Sound appealing? To be successful you must have the following:
- Strong experience in audio visual supportpreferably in a corporate environment or event space paired with the following skills
- Intermediate ability in audio system set up & operation (including PA, digital & analogue signal flow, digital and analogue desks, graphic EQ & radio microphones)
- Basic to intermediate ability in vision system set up and operation (including signal flow, standard definition, high definition and data signals, seamless switchers, projectors including alignment, LCD screens and stands) with basic lighting system set up
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel. Experience with Vector Works or other CAD programs is desirable
- Excellent presentation and communication skills indicating a customer-centric approach
- Strong time management skills with the demonstrable ability to lead, be proactive and manage conflicting priorities
- Accountable with proven experience as a self-driven individual who can work productively in a team environment
Merivale offers fantastic employee benefits and career development opportunities, along with some extremely generous staff incentives.
If you are looking for your next challenge where you will be given the opportunity to develop and progress, then join Sydney’s leading hospitality group.