PRESENTING PALINGS FLOWERS MERIVALE TO OPEN FLOWER SHOP AT IVY
Beautiful, unique and a little unexpected, Palings Flowers is curated by Merivale's talented in-house florist, Hannah Coomber. Earning her stripes at heavnly flower hive Grandiflora, Coomber joined Merivale in 2015 to create the vibrant blooms for the group's many venues and events. Working closely with Justin and Bettina Hemmes, she conceived the idea for the flower shop earlier this year - "I'm often stopped in venue and asked about our floral displays. I thought the Palings Lane boutique was the perfect space to not only display some of the florals we use across the group, but to also allow our guests to purchase the stunning varieties we source from the flower market".
At Palings Flowers, Coomber will source unusual and intriguing cuts to produce her bespoke combinations, ensuring no two bunches are the same and every bouquet is tailor-made. Dramatic and sensory, the shop itself has been created by Merivale’s in-house design team – Justin and Bettina Hemmes, Sophie Thé and Ricky James – and will feel as if you’ve stepped into a ‘floral apothecary’.
The launch of Palings Flowers kicks off a jam-packed Spring at Merivale, with a bursting bouquet of rooftop parties, Sunday sessions and haunted houses across the season:
- Establishment Birthday: The grand dame of Sydney’s entertainment scene celebrates its 17th year next month, with a spectacular party on 20 September. Those who have visited Establishment in the past year may be lucky enough to score themselves a ticket to the invite-only event.
- Que Bola at Queens Hotel and The Paddington: A celebration of the people and street culture of modern Cuba, Que Bola will take over Queens Hotel on 7 and 14 September, with Havana Club rum masterclasses, live art, photography exhibitions, Cuban vinyl tunes and dominoes, played in true Cuban style. Que Bola will then hit The Paddington and Palmer & Co later in the season.
- Tiny Tokyo at ivy Pool Club: Throughout October, Pool Club’s cabanas will be transformed into Japanese bars inspired by the vibrant laneway of old Tokyo. Each bar will embrace a different theme and food offering, providing a unique cultural experience in the rooftop oasis. Kirin will be served across the four bars, including varieties not previously available in Australia.
- Sole Food Sundays at Ms.G’s: Launching October, these Sunday sessions will feature hip hop DJs, Avion sneaker showcases and Dan Hong’s Loud and lively Asian fare.
- Haunted Casa at El Loco: To celebrate the annual Mexican holiday ‘Day of the Dead’, El Loco at Slip Inn will be converted into Haunted Casa (House) for four nights across Halloween, 27-31 October.
- Merivale Melbourne Cup: Merivale is set for a thrilling Melbourne Cup with nearly thirty fever-pitched events across its unrivalled range of restaurants, bars and pubs, all screening the afternoon of racing live. To book now, visit www.merivale.com/melbournecup.
- Brunches at Coogee Pavilion: Throughout the season, Coogee Pavilion will play host to Saturday brunch sessions, while Lillet will come alive in the Rooftop Glasshouse with an activation every weekend. The Glasshouse will also hold a very special ladies brunch with the French aperitif on 4 November.
- Dom Pérignon: Dom Pérignon flutes will also be available for $40 throughout October and November at Fred’s, Felix, Uccello and Hemmesphere. Guests who purchase a $40 flute of Dom Pérignon will also be invited to join the exclusive Dom Pêrignon Society, and gain access to a host of tastings and events.
More Spring events are yet to be announced. Visit merivale.com.au for more information and call 9240 3000 for restaurant reservations.
3 Palings Lane, ivy
8:30am – 6.30pm, Monday-Friday 02 9240 3000 [email protected]
For all media enquiries, please contact:
Phone: 0468 916 482
Email: [email protected]
Originally a fashion house, Merivale, owned by the Hemmes family, has been established in Australia for over 60 years. The Hemmes family are developing and operating pioneers within the hospitality industry, owning a portfolio of 60 restaurants, bars, pubs, hotels and function spaces in Sydney. Justin Hemmes is the Chief Executive Officer of Merivale.